The Color Run once again in Pucón: February 10, 2019
The Color Run has become a standard of our summer events here in Pucón after another successful series during the summer of 2017. Once again events have been scheduled across the country to coincide with the extremely busy vacation season. The events already take place in destinations across Chile. This year Sunday 23 January will see the launch of the race Puerto Varas, where hundreds of runners kicked off the series by participating in the “Happiest 5km Race on the Planet”! Then follows three more events scheduled for La Serena on Sunday 3 Feb, our very own Pucón on Sunday 10 Feb, and Viña del Mar on Sunday 17 Feb.
Gold, silver and rainbow color powders will be thrown around the skies and streets of these lucky destinations as the participants make their way along their 5km route. The first Color Run took place in the United States in 2011 and was inspired by international events such as Disney’s World of Color, Mud Runs and Hindu festivals such as Holi. The concept behind the race is celebrate sport, joy and fun, and ultimately to reduce the focus on competition and encourage smiles and family fun while keeping everyone fit and healthy too. Sounds simple? It is! Sounds like fun? It most definitely is!!!
Color Run staff are in charge of launching color powder at you as you run along the route. You can even do the race with small kids in a stroller if you choose to. Any child under 1,2 m tall goes free when accompanied with an adult and registered with the paying adult in advance. The idea is that you all complete the 5km route which terminates in a party field where all your powder sachets will be thrown at once to celebrate the achievement of the day! To see how it all happened last year at previous events click here.
You must register and pay online here with advance sales fees set at $ 11.300 per person. Each paying participant will receive a pack including a Color Run t-shirt, a sachet of Color Run powder and a wrist band which must be worn on the day of the contest. Then the fun begins!
Details to bear in mind:
– You must pay in advance online or at one of the designated sales points (puntos de venta) and collect your kit from one of these sales points up to and including the day before the programmed race.
– You can show a preference for t-shirt size when you register but Color Run does not guarantee that you will receive that size when you collect your kit.
– It is your responsibility to check that the wrist band is in your kit when you receive it and it must be worn from that moment onwards during the day.
– In case of inclement weather (rain, hail, wind, even if it is too hot!), the race will not be suspended.
– The color powder is made from natural components and is 100% non-toxic but could result in stains on clothing and hair. Please take precautions to wear appropriate clothing as Color Run will not be held responsible.
– Eye protection is not necessary but some runners choose to wear sunglasses.
– You can use cameras during the race but it is advisable to place them in a zip lock bag for example.
– If you suffer from asthma and or skin allergies please remember that participation is at your own risk and Color Run will not be held responsible for any ensuing problems.
There are limited spaces for each event so if you plan to be in Pucón then get online today and guarantee your space. For more information on last years’ Pucón event, go to this link. And while you are online, make the most of your trip and reserve some super adventure activities with Sol y Nievetoo to keep that spirit of fun alive for longer than just the day of the Color Run. Get in touch here today!
We look forward to giving you a fun Color Run welcome in Pucón!